The LPDOC is asking to give Peltier a helping hand for his upcoming 66th birthday by sending “funds” (no cash, checks or contraband please, just money orders) to his commissary account, c/o Federal Bureau of Prisons, Leonard Peltier #89637-132, P.O. Box 474701, Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001.
This raises two issues Peltier supporters should be wary of, and a challenge.
1) When will Peltier and the LPDOC come clean (as was promised years ago; remember there was supposed to be “transparency” concerning Peltier’s finances?),1 and tell his supporters how much money he has already scammed from unwitting supporters and how and where it was spent? The NPPA has been down this road with Peltier many times. Please see Editorial Essay #24, Peltier Donations: Scam, Fraud?2 Peltier supporters should not be shy about asking the same questions.
(By the way, any donations made are NOT tax deductible. Contrary to any opinions out there, Peltier is NOT a charity case.)3
2) It’s apparent that the money trough, along with Peltier’s support network, is dwindling and in very short supply if he has to revert to begging for commissary money. But that comes as no surprise.
Challenge: No, make it a double-dog dare (more on that in a later blog):
The NPPA will make a $500 donation to the LPDOC if:
They post on whoisleonardpeltier.info, Peltier’s last five years (2005-2009) of federal and state tax returns, and;
Federal and state tax returns for the LPDC (2005-2008) and the LPDOC (2009).
The check is waiting.
“In the Spirit of Coler and Williams”
1) Editorial Essay #19: http://www.noparolepeltier.com/debate.html#free
2) Editorial Essay: Peltier Donations: http://www.noparolepeltier.com/debate.html#fraud
3) Editorial Essay #18: http://www.noparolepeltier.com/debate.html#shambles